oma is for grandma

reflections, thoughts and stories on and about us: a half-Australian-half-German family attempting to raise bilingual children

Thursday, January 26

books that Mim enjoyed

Miriam is at that wonderful age, where she's starting to enjoy a story as a whole. So I've been plunging into the library book shelves on the search for suitable books for her.

Here are some where (straight after finishing the story) she'd say "...mal" (which stands for "nochmal" meaning 'again'):

"Snap! went Chester"
Tania Cox & David Miller

"You'll wake the Baby!"
Catherine Jinks & Andrew McLean

this is just a wonderful one, gorgeous illustrations and beautiful message:
"Henry and Amy (right-way-round and upside down)"
Stephen Michael King

"Seven More Sleeps"
Margaret Wild & Donna Rawlins

"There's a wocket in my pocket!"
Dr. Seuss

"Too loud Lily"
Sofie Laguna & Kerry Argent

one that I think is just absolutely delightful (but she hasn't quite discovered for herself yet) is:
"Diary of a wombat"
Jackie French & Bruce Whatley

I'm sure there'll be many books added to this list, as I'm always interested in a new one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leigh Blackall said...

Hey Fran, you should start up an Amazon wish list for Mi'm. That way Sunshine and I can buy books for her ;)

Here's my wish list

3:59 pm  
Blogger Franzie said...

Hi Leigh,
thanks for the comment (wow, I'm expanding my audience already, after only a week).
I've actually got a wish list but it's under my profile (didn't really want it sticking out on my main site).
Did you want me to buy something from yours?? ;-)

7:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home